Sunday 18 March 2012

Weekend of 17th/18th March

Another double header this weekend with a 2/3 crit at Milton Keynes Bowl followed by an E/1/2/3 Road Race in Worcestershire.

To be honest... there's not a lot to tell about either race. Saturday was frustrating as I was chased down every single time I broke away, then a counter attack of 10 riders stuck and I spent half an hour chasing with the help of one other rider, typical 2nd cat negative riding from the bunch! I ended up pulling out as it became clear that the group were gone for good.

Sunday... Similar story, got in an early move but missed the decisive break! It was a large group that got away and once out of sight we never had a chance of bringing it back, despite a huge effort from Felt-Colbornes on the front. I clipped off the front a couple of times to try and distance the bunch, once on my own and once with a small group, but it never lasted more than a few minutes.

A sub-standard weekend for me... Pretty dissapointing, but the racing will always be hard in E123 races, and it won't always work out the way you like! There is always next week though!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment