Friday 13 May 2011

MK Bowl - 12th May

Went to the MK Bowl this Thursday for a 3/4 circuit race, mainly to be used as training, but as always I was looking to get a decent result. The race started with half an hour on an inside loop of the bowl before extending out around the bowl for the second half, with the second half being much more technical.

The race itself started slow for a couple of laps before people started shooting off the front, including team-mate Cameron Foster, I kept myself near the front, and having seen Cameron attack off the front for a second time, I also sprinted off the front to try and bridge the gap to Cam. I looked behind to see another rider bridging across behind me, Lucy Garner of the Motorpoint Ladies Team. 3 Juniors in a break off the front and we thought we had a decent gap at one point, although it was probably only about a quarter of a lap in reality, and despite working well together we were never destined to stay away and got caught after around 7 or 8 laps on our own.

Myself, Cam & Lucy pushing on.

Nothing much happened after this and the race seemed to be heading for a sprint, on the final lap I made up ground to get up near the front of the bunch, and onto the final climb to the line I started sprinting slightly too late and lost a few more placings than I should have. I ended up 14th out of about 35-40 riders, Cameron got 10th so gets a solitary point for the team!

My proper race for this week is on Sunday, the Reading CC Road Race, on the Great Milton circuit. 60 miles/100km and a cat 2/3/4 race, so I am really psyched up for that!!

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment