Thursday 2 February 2012

January Training

So as we come to the end of the first month of 2012, it seems the racing season is getting ever closer and all the top riders have been getting in some big mileage since the new year. My training has been no different as after a quiet Christmas period, I hit the miles big time in the 2nd week of the year. I began with a strong 5-day block of 18 hours, then since then have got in a couple more 15 hour weeks, and in total I have ridden 1005 miles in January. In general I have been feeling a lot stronger, and now feel it is time to start putting in a few high intensity sessions to try and hit the season with some form in early March.
I am going away to Spain on Tuesday for a 3 week pre-season training camp with a group of lads including my new team mate Rob Yeatman. We should be getting in some more big mileage whilst including some high intensity focussed training sessions to prepare us for the first big road race of the season when we return. The first road race for the team is going to be the Severn Bridge RR on 4th March, usually run with a very competitive field, it should be a great early season leg tester!!

Keep training guys!

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment