Sunday 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas all!!

Hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed it as much as I have!

2 races to report on from this week and last week, neither of which went too well. I have been training and working a lot of late, and it has clearly taken it's toll as I felt exhausted both last week and this week. Both races consisted of me hanging on for grim death for an hour... character building I guess... Looking forward to toning down my work again in the new year and focusing 100% on training and resting like a pro!

From the 2nd week of January I am looking to increase my training hours to upwards of 15 hours every week, and probably taking a step back from the winter series racing. 2012 is arriving and it is time to focus 100% on the season ahead and hitting it with a great base of training behind me.

In Febuary I have a 3 week training camp booked in Calpe, Spain. Planning to go with 4 other young full-time cyclists for sun, fun, lots of pain and training. During these 3 weeks I will be looking at ~25 hour training weeks with a mixture of fast rides, slow rides, long cafe rides all gearing towards being race fit on my return at the beginning of March, then all being well after a week of easy riding I will start my proper racing programme for the season.

My race programme is to be based around my new team, Dream Cycling. I have signed for Dream in 2012 looking to race with the support of a Semi-Pro team setup, with a lot of sponsorship, and also riding alongside a young team of like-minded riders.

More to come on the team over the next few weeks.

Have a great new year and all the best for 2012!

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment