Saturday 1 January 2011

Imperial Winter Series @ Hillingdon - 1st January

Happy New Year!!

This morning saw the New Years Day winter series race at Hillingdon, having been off the bike for the best part of three weeks, and training mainly on the gym bike, I wasn't expecting great things!!

I arrived unusually early so had plenty of time to get everything sorted and gave myself a good half hour to warm up around the circuit. At 11 o'clock we started the race.

A rider from Inverse RT immediately launched himself off the front and gained a small gap, but he only managed to stay away for 3 laps before the peloton reeled him back in. A few riders tried to attack, including myself, but all these attempts were futile as the bunch closed down any breakaways before they could threaten.

I moved up into 2nd position as we saw the 5 lap signal and followed an Inverse RT rider who kept the pace high all the way into the final straight and as another rider came past i caught on to his wheel and followed him up the climb, i got round him with about 100 yds to go, but almost immediately got swallowed up by 6 riders as my legs just ran out of energy, I held on for 7th place.

Overall I was a bit disappointed with my finish today, perhaps it was due to an interrupted training schedule in the last 3 weeks, maybe I used too much energy in my earlier breakaway attempt. Either way I now have over 10 BC points so I am now a 3rd cat rider!! Very happy.

Until Next time!
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment