Saturday 23 April 2011

Midweek stuff again!

Hey guys,

Been a busy racer this week, two 10 miles TTs and a Criterium race. On Tuesday I did the Bicester Millenium CC Club 10 at Weston-on-the-Green airfield, no traffic and no hills makes this a very 'true' course with nowhere to hide. I had never done a solo on my TT rig before tonight, so didn't know what to expect. I completed the course in 22.41, only one other solo rider going faster. Very happy with that result, hopefully knock some more time off that during the season!

Wednesday night saw me and Henry Peacock tackle Eelmore, a simple circuit with two straights, and two hairpins. This was a 50 minute race for 3rd and 4th category riders. 60 guys signed on and we started very quickly, knowing that I was feeling the effects of Tuesday's TT, I wasn't expecting anything great in terms of results, however I kept myself near the front, got in a couple of small breaks, but nothing ever stayed away. I tried a solo attack with 4 laps to go, but could only manage one lap on my own before being reeled back in, I lost my position with a lap to go and could only manage to get back up to around 20th place. Not at all dissapointed though, I throughly enjoyed it, and my team-mate Henry got 7th place! 25.2mph average for those who want to know!!

Cornering at Eelmore

Thursday night I rode out to ride my local hilly 10 mile course (HCC243), the event was run by my old club Didcot Phoenix, I was hoping to go under 23 minutes on this course, as there are a couple of drags over the 10 mile course. It was a beautiful evening, incredibly warm for mid April!! I started off incredibly slowly, as I had stood around for the 45 minutes prior to the start!! Luckily the first mile was gently downhill, so 'incredibly slowly' was still about 25mph!! I soon warmed up again though and found myself coming over the line in a time of 23.03, slightly annoyed not to go under 23 minutes, but having raced for the previous two days, I can't complain! Once again I came 2nd, I WILL win something this season!

Rested yesterday, and rode the Zappi's club ride this morning, ended up doing 71 miles at 19.5mph average in glorious sunshine, tan lines are starting to show through!! Same again for me tomorrow morning, more miles! Next race is the Andy Morrison Memorial Road Race (2/3/4) on the 30th April.

Until then,
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment