Saturday 9 April 2011

Oxford City RC 10 (H10/181) - 9th April

Did the Oxford City Road Club open 10 this morning, on the new Witney Bypass course, the H10/181. Opinions were split over the potential of this course before today, so todays results would prove whether or not it was quick!

Conditions seemed good, a nice sunny day albeit rather chilly due to the early morning start, I warmed up for about half an hour before heading out to the start. I started off fairly slowly, and in hindsight probably could have gained a few more seconds in the first 2-3 miles. Once I got past the turn I started to go full gas, and soon began to reel in my minute man, I ended up just 8 seconds behind him, but had no idea what time I had done because my cycle computer had run out of battery!

Got back to HQ to find that I had recorded a time of 22.01, I would have loved to go sub-21 but for the sake of 2 seconds... I was pretty pleased with the time!! I managed to win a private battle between myself and my team mate Cam Foster, who recorded his own PB with a great ride to get 22.12. I'm looking forward to doing a 2up with this guy! The TT today was won by Chris Ball of Biobike RT in 19.26, closely followed by drag2zero.com rider Stu Dodd in 19.27.

Riding out to a local tt tomorrow for training on the road bike and then the next big race is the Inverse Road Race next Sunday.

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. congrats bud. you're just lucky I wasn't there....

    ReplyDelete